How to save a PowerPoint slide as an image? Today, people use PowerPoint to present scientific or educational content. Have you ever wanted to save one of your presentation slides as an image? Nowadays, we often work with devices that do not support PowerPoint files, such as putting one slide on a website. In this case, you need to save the slide as a picture.
Do not worry. Exporting a slide and converting it to an image is not at all complicated. Just select one of the slides, select the format you want, and save it as a slide. You can export only one slide, and you can also export multiple slides simultaneously.
Table of contents
- How to save a PowerPoint slide as a picture on a mac and computer
- Save PowerPoint slide as a different image format (JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, and EMF)
- Save PowerPoint slide as high resolution image
- PowerPoint save as picture 300 dpi
- How to check dpi of an image in PowerPoint
How to save a PowerPoint slide as a picture on a mac and computer
- In order to avoid losing the presentation, it is best to get a PPT or PPTX format output of your presentation before converting the slides to photos.
- Do you want to convert just one of the slides to a picture or all of them? If you want to convert one of the slides to a picture, select that slide. It does not matter if you want to export all the slides. You can select any of them.
- Select the File option and then Save As. In the Mac version, after selecting the File option, select the Export.
- In which part of your system do you want to save this image? Specify the storage location. Also, choose a name for this file.
- There is a menu called Save as type. Click on the arrow of this menu. Choose your favorite file format from the various file formats in the menu. In the Mac version, select the menu next to the File Format.
- The software offers the PPTX format to the user by default.
- Are you familiar with image formats? Which format do you want to use? GIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, and WMF formats are available to you.
- Click Save. You have two options. In the case that you want to convert all the slides to an image, select the All Slides option, and if you want to export only the current slide, select the Just This One option.
- In the Mac version, select Save Every Slide or Save Current Slide Only according to your needs, then select Export.
- To clarify, be aware that the slide will be saved in the format of your choice. So, be careful in choosing the format.
Recommended article: How to save PPT as PDF
Save PowerPoint slide as a different image format (JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, and EMF)
When saving slides, five formats are available to you. Depending on your needs, you can opt for one of these formats for your photo.
- GIF (Graphics Interchange Format)
- BMP (Bitmap)
- EMF (Enhanced Windows Metafile)
What image format is best for PowerPoint
If your slide contains real images captured by the camera, it is best to use the JPEG format. If your slide contains graphic effects, it is best to use the PNG format.
Recommended article: JPEG vs PNG vs GIF — which image format to use and when?
Save PowerPoint slide as high resolution image
Now it is time for image resolution. PowerPoint saves images in 1280 by 720 by default. In this mode, images appear at 96 dots per inch (dpi). Choosing the quality of the image storage resolution depends on your required quality. If you need high-quality images for use on advertising sites, you can use HD or 1920 by 1080 pixels.
Change export resolution
PowerPoint save as picture 300 dpi
As we said, if you want to use this image on advertising sites or print it, you must increase its quality. The standard quality in the printing industry is 300dpi. So we have to convert the quality of the JPEG format image to the standard quality.
In order to change the quality of the output image, you must change the software default settings. To do that, you have to use the registry editor. Press the Windows button and the letter R on the keyboard. Now in the window that opens, type Regedit and then click OK.
Doing so will open the Registry Editor window. You can use this section to make a series of notable changes.
Use the tree diagram on the left and open the following folders in order. Open the folders HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software, Microsoft, Office.
After opening the Office folder, three folders with the letters 14.0, 15.0, and 16.0 are displayed. Use the 14.0 folder for the 2010 version, the 15.0 for the 2013 version, and 16.0 for the 2016 version, depending on the Office version installed on your system. Because our software version is 2016, we use file 16.0.
Finally, select the PowerPoint file and then the options.
Right-click in the space on the right panel. After that, choose New, DWORD (32-bit) Value from the menu.
Now you have created a new entry. Select the name of this entry, ExportBitmapResolution, and press the Enter key. Select ExportBitmapResolution by double-click and set the Base to Decimal, and set the Value data to 300. After completing these steps, click OK to save the changes. Note that this section is automatically added to the registry section after confirming the changes and, unlike most documents, does not need to be saved.
As we said before, the default system settings are 96dpi or 1280 x 720 pixels. By making the above changes, the default image quality will increase to 300dpi. This is the standard number in the printing and advertising industry.
How to check dpi of an image in PowerPoint
Now it is time to check. Select the slide you want again and click on File and then Save As. Now go to the photo details section and check the export photo resolution. You can see that the number 4000 by 2250 is registered. The quality of this image is much better and more appropriate than the default mode.
Once you set these settings, there is no need to reset them. After initializing the settings, all subsequent exports will be of high quality. From now on, the Export of all your PowerPoint slides will be in high-quality image format.
In this article, you found out How to save a PowerPoint slide as an image on a mac and computer. Still need help with your doing PowerPoint?
- Create a timeline in powerpoint
- How to convert PowerPoint to Google slides?
- How to compress video in powerpoint
- Export a google slide as an image
- Convert PPT to JPG – online and free
Slide to Success
Get access to an experienced graphic designer and writer to do your PowerPoint for a reasonable price. We want your presentation to be a success not just for you, but for us as well.