How do you change the size of a PowerPoint slide without distortion?
How to change the default PowerPoint slide size? PowerPoint has many options that one can change to have a better presentation. Different changeable choices make your PowerPoint more appealing and satisfying. One of these features is the size of your PowerPoint slides. You can comfortably present what you have created by choosing the standard PowerPoint dimensions. The device you want to display your presentation is also essential, and you should know how to adjust PowerPoint slide size in accordance with the resolution of the chosen device. Otherwise, you will have problems while presenting it. For example, the pictures you have selected to show may not be fitted in your slide frame. Or you may encounter black spaces surrounding your presentation because of the inappropriate size adjustment.
Recommended article: What is the 10 20 30 Rule of PowerPoint?
Depending on what type of screen to present, you adjust your slide size. Each screen has a different size and ratio. So, the first step is to choose the preferable size for your presentation. After selecting the right size for your PowerPoint, you can start putting images, writing texts, and adding whatever you need on the slides. In this way, you will have no problem connecting to another screen to present what you want.
Table of contents
How to change slide size in PowerPoint 2010?
So, you found that a PowerPoint needs a fitting size slide. Otherwise, your presentation will not be as good as you expected. The task of changing PowerPoint slide size is not a hard one. If you follow the steps put here, you can change and select the right slide size for your presentation. Follow these steps one by one: (The steps are for the PowerPoint 2010 version!)
- Open the PowerPoint.
- Select the “Design” in the toolbar.
- Select the “Page Setup” at the left side of the bar.
- You see a page opened as “Page Setup.”
- Select the appropriate size ratio based on the screen you want to present.
PowerPoint slide size
In the tab “Slides size,” you can see different size ratios. Here are some of the most well-known ones:
- 4: 3 aspect ratio: This ratio is used for older devices like an early computer screen. This ratio is not suitable for the new screens, such as new laptops. You can present a 4: 3 ratio on a 16: 9 screen, but you will see black spaces at the two sides of the screen. So, it is better to change your 4: 3 presentations to 16: 9 for newer devices.
- 16: 9 aspect ratio: the new standard ratio for new versions of different screens, such as projectors, computers, laptops, and TVs. Use this ratio for a widescreen presentation.
Recommended article: What size is a 16:9 PowerPoint slide?
- There is an option known as “Custom” for your preferred size. You can customize the size you want by selecting “Custom” in the “Slides sized for” bar. Here, you can change the width and height of the slide.
This article explained how to change the size of a PowerPoint slide without distortion for a proper and good presentation. If you have any comments, write them in the comment section.
- How to add music to PowerPoint?
- Tips for making a good PowerPoint presentation
- Insert video into PowerPoint
- How to convert PowerPoint to Google slides?