How to add slide numbers in PowerPoint
How to add slide numbers in PowerPoint? In this article, we want to teach you how to add page numbers in PowerPoint? You might think that adding a page number in PowerPoint is easy and similar to Word. But this is not the case. So it’s good to learn how to add slide numbers to PowerPoint. PowerPoint numbering is very valuable when you want to make a PowerPoint for the defense of your dissertation. One of the things to keep in mind when defending your master’s dissertation is the proper numbering of all the slides. To get acquainted with the important points of PowerPoint, we suggest that you read the article Key points in PowerPoint design.
Table of contents
- How to add slide numbers in PowerPoint
- Manually adding page numbers in PowerPoint
- Remove Slide number from title slide PowerPoint 2016 and 2013
- More resources
Manually adding page numbers in PowerPoint
How to add page numbers in PowerPoint is very important. To add a slide number in PowerPoint, you must use the PowerPoint Slide Master feature. You also need to make the slides appear in Normal View mode. If you do a professional PowerPoint design, you must be able to display the slide numbers correctly. We suggest you follow the steps below.
1- Select the Slide Master
The first thing you need to do is open Slide Master in PowerPoint. In this section, the number of PowerPoint slide pages is set. You just have to do this:
- Open the View tab in the PowerPoint toolbar
- Then, in the Master Views section of this tab, click on the Slide Master option
Then in the Slide Master section, go to the mother slide at the top left of the PowerPoint software. This slide is the first and largest slide on the left side of your screen.
2- Select the Master Layout profile box
- Go to the Slide Master tab in the PowerPoint toolbar.
- Click the Master Layout option to open the Master Layout profile box.
- In the Master Layout option, you can set specifications such as title, text, date, slide number, and footnote for your PowerPoint file.
- The Slide Master tab is only displayed in the Slide Master section.
- If you do not see the Slide Master tab, you are not in the Slide Master toolbar.
- Follow step 1 to go to the Slide Master view.
3- Select your slide number
In this part of the tutorial on how to add slide numbers in PowerPoint? You should see in the Master Layout profile box whether the Slide number option is checked. If it is not hit, select it. If you wish, you can also add other specifications such as title, text, date, or footnote to your PowerPoint slide. After selecting the Slide number and other options you want, click the OK button.
4- Create the location and format of your slide number
- In this section, the slide number is added to the PowerPoint master slide.
- You can customize the format and location.
- For example, you can place it at the top and right or down and in the middle.
- To change the slide number, first, click on it in the mother slide.
- Place the mouse pointer on the line drawn around it to form four arrows. Now click and hold on to it and drag wherever you want.
- To change the format of the slide number, after clicking on the text, you can change it like any other text.
- When you specify the location and format of the slide number on the parent slide, the location and format for all sub-slides will automatically be the same.
5- Add the slide number
- Once you have set the page number’s location and format (font, size, background, etc.), it is now time to exit Slide Master.
- To do this, go to the Slide Master tab in your toolbar and close the last option, Close Master View, which is in the form of a red cross.
- Now that you have returned to the normal view of PowerPoint software, you can add page numbers to your slides.
- All you have to do is go to the Insert tab and find the Slide Number option in the Text section and click on it.
- Then the Header and Footer window will open for you.
- You can also press Alt + Shift + D to open this window.
- In this window, you will be able to add items such as date, time, slide number, and footnote to your PowerPoint file.
6- Activate the slide number
- To know how to put a page number in PowerPoint? We need to activate the slide number.
- In the Header and Footer window, a square is placed next to the phrase Slide number.
- Select the tick in this box.
- When you check it, a preview of the slide number appears on the right side of the Header and Footer window.
- Click Apply. In this case, the slide number will only be added to the slide you are on.
- Click Apply to All. In this case, the slide number will be added to all slides in your PowerPoint file.
- Now, if you click on Apply to All. Slide numbers are added to all PowerPoint slides.
- These slide numbers are where you specified in the Slide Master view.
Remove Slide number from title slide PowerPoint 2016 and 2013
In the Header and Footer window, there is an option called Don’t show on the title slide. If you check it, the slide number, date and time, and footnote will be removed from your first slide with the main title. This option is suitable for situations where you do not want your PowerPoint presentation cover or its front page to be crowded. You can also delete slide numbers from your PowerPoint slides at any time. All you have to do is go to the Insert tab and the Slide number option. Then uncheck the Slide number option in the Header and Footer window. Then click Apply to All. Page numbers will be removed from all slides in your PowerPoint file.
In this article, you found out how to add page numbers in PowerPoint. Still need help with your doing PowerPoint?