Tips on making an excellent PowerPoint Presentation
Table of contents
How to make an effective PowerPoint Presentation? How to make a good PowerPoint presentation for college? Below we review 24 PowerPoint Presentation tips and guidelines. The following is a series of things that you can do to perfect your work:
PowerPoint presentation tips and guidelines
- PowerPoint presentation is all about precision. Therefore, keep your sentences as short and informative as possible. Only mention the information that is directly related to the subject matter. Otherwise, your audience will get bored and may start fidgeting.
- Cluttering your slides with useless and meaningless information decreases your work’s efficiency and brevity. You do not have to have a bulky file to feel confident of its quality. When it comes to PowerPoint presentations, content quality should be your number one priority.
- PowerPoint Presentation is a visual assignment. That is why you need to pay extra attention to the resolution of the material you are preparing.
- Headings and subheadings are essential parts of a file, and they should all be placed at the same spot on every slide.
- It is critical to follow uniformity in your presentation. Try to follow the same style on every slide and avoid changing things such as fonts, font size, and color palette so much.
- Choosing an appropriate font can leave a good impression on your audience’s mind. Three fonts have been recommended for academic papers: Arial, Verdana, and Helvetica.
- It is best recommended to use big letters so that everyone in your audience can read the materials on your slides. Your presentation may be held in a room with a big crowd, and you need to consider the people at the back as well.
- Try to use an appropriate number of capital letters and italics. Too much of anything is good, so be careful not to overuse any of them.
- It is critical to make your slides consistent, which you can apply via the slide master feature. The content presentation could be varied in different slides, but the other elements must be used in line with each other.
- It would be a good idea to consider a word limit for each slide. In that case, you can make sure there will not be excessive, unnecessary information. Then, you will be forced to keep it precise and accurate.
- Readability is one of the primary features that need to be enhanced by careful usage of punctuation, capital letters, etc.
- The text and the background should have a contrasting color to increase readability. It is better to choose light colors for the text and dark colors for the background. It would probably be best to stay away from patterned backgrounds.
- Flashy transition can become distracting and dull quickly.
- Better keep your presentation simple and classy. Excessive usage of special effects and animations may decrease the credibility of your work.
- Keep in mind that high-quality images, charts, and graphics reinforce your message.
- Try to avoid using “builds” because using too many “builds” can slow down your presentation.
- It would be best if you present your slides one slide per minute. Don’t keep it fast because it could get distracting.
- PowerPoint Presentation allows you to have freedom in your speech and go back and forth as you wish without being concern about the material. Hence, while keeping it coherent, keep in mind to navigate the presentation rather non-linearly to avoid monotony.
- It is essential to be familiar with the whole process of using the PowerPoint program, so if the audience asks you, you could quickly move forward and backward.
- Always be prepared for a contingency place because things can go wrong at any time. Therefore, it would be excellent to have handouts available in the event of technical difficulties.
- Asking someone who has never seen your presentation for feedback is a great idea to detect your work’s weaknesses and improve it before actually presenting it.
- The content on the slides is for the audience and not for the presenter, so avoid reading from the slides.
- Always face your audience while presenting. Maintaining eye contact is a fantastic strategy.
- Avoid apologizing while presenting because it could negatively impact your audience. Do not use the material that you guess would be problematic rather than apologizing for using it.
In this post, we reviewed How to make an effective PowerPoint Presentation. By applying these methods, you will create attractive PowerPoints.
Click to see our other post:
|Sunday||Open 24 hours|
|Monday||Open 24 hours|
|Tuesday||Open 24 hours|
|Wednesday||Open 24 hours|
|Thursday||Open 24 hours|
|Friday||Open 24 hours|
|Saturday||Open 24 hours|